- Won the distance medley relay at the VMI Team Challenge on January 27 with a time of 10:20.29
- Second in the DMR at the Commodore Invitational with a time of 10:03.02
- Seventh in the mile run at the Big South Indoor Championships with a time of 4:14.19
- Won the men’s 800m race at the CSU Spring Break Invitational with a time of 1:55.39
- Fourth in the men’s 400m race at the CSU Tune-Up with a time of 50.51
- Sixth in the men’s 800m finals at the Big South Outdoor Championships with a time of 1:54.00
- Seventh in the men’s 1500m finals at the Big South Outdoor Championships with a time of 3:53.02
High School: Andrew Akright joins the program by way of Chesterfield, Va. and Manchester High School where he competed in the distance events. Akright was a three-time All-State honoree finishing in the top ten in the 1600 Outdoor Virginia 6A State Track and Field Championships twice (2016 & 2017), as well as a third-place finish in the 1000m race at the 2017 Indoor State Championships. He added a 25th place result in the 2016 Virginia 6A State Cross Country Championships. Among his best marks include a time of 1:57.05 in the 800m, a 2:33.29 in the 1000m and a 4:22.29 in the 1600m. His best cross country 5K mark came in at 16:25.